Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Visitor from Indiana Part II (Sunday Night)

After a hearty supper we decided to play some more ping pong. I recently acquired a home made ping pong table from my in-laws. They had it over at their house but it was not being used. Since all of the holidays are being held at my house, they thought it would be a nice addition to The Entertainment Complex. Well, we have no more room in our basement for big action items so we have it in the garage. I have to pull the cars out before I set up the table. Once set up, it is a nice area to play ping pong in. Pat and I never talked about ping pong before this weekend. I didn't even know if he has ever played or not. I found out that he is very good. He played in high school. Not at high school, when he was high school aged. I guess he had one at his house before Easton. He told me how it fell on his head once. Ouch!

It appears that ping pong is like foosball. I mean we both have a solid game, but then someone advances their game to another level. The other person advances their game one or two spots and the cycle goes on and on. I never played ping pong until I went to Philmont. They had a ping pong table in the staff lounge. Since there was so many people from all over the country I became very skilled. I was the champion two of my three years. I was undefeated in my last year (93'). We were getting very sweaty. Maybe it was just me who was getting very sweaty?

We needed to cool down so we went back inside to the air conditioning. Jonah has been asking Pat to play Wii with him, so Pat kindly went downstairs to play Wii. They formed a band called the Beatles when they played Beatles Rockband. Later they played Lego Rockband. The band members played guitar, drums, and vocals.



After the Beatle and Lego Rockband excitement I went off to get the hot tub ready. As I was carefully measure out chemicals and balancing the ph Pat, Sarah, and Emily all talked shop (high school talk). Jonah went to bed.

When Emily went to bed Pat and I grabbed a bottle of Bud Lime and jumped into the hot tub. Since it was summer I dialed it down a notch to about 95 degrees. It ws more like a warm tub, with lots of bubbles. Pat was loving the hot tub at The Complex. We talked about hot tubbing through the seasons and how cool it was to see my landscape lights light up the trees at night. It was peaceful. When we were done witht eh hot tub I turned up the heat for night two.

To finish the night we hung out in the basement and watch a little television. At about 11:30 we went to bed.

6 comments:

Pat said...

More good stuff.

I'm surprised that you didn't play ping pong against bears at Philmont.

Gibby, JBart and played p-pong in my garage for a while. Not sure if that phase lasted months or just weeks. It was something we could do when Dan wasn't around...

C.F. Bear said...

I did play with bears. If I had someone who would have taken a photo, it would have looked something like that dogs playing poker painting.

C.F. Bear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan said...

Why did you need me to not be around to play p.p? Or are you implying that was the only activity you three could motivate yourselves to do, outside the influence of "the original "do-er?"

Sounds like great fun, and the progression of fun I had down there was not all that dissimilar, though in a drastically different season.

Dan said...

In the top photo, by the way, Gibby has that dreamy, middle-aged crooner look you might see in, say, Bryan Ferry in the Youngstown OH airport lounge.

C.F. Bear said...

Maybe they think your ping pong skills suck? :)

If you look at the second picture closely, is that Emily's beer or Pat's?